Thursday 20 January 2011

Final Pieces

I have just finished my second project of the year at uni, our next project is called 'Language and Audience' and will allow us to develop our visual language as jewellers.


Marta Mattsson
 from 'Rebirth' series


Christel van der Laan
 Fishy brooch 2008,
painted sterling silver, fish vertebrae, honeycomb block.



Dongchun Lee
Inhale Exhale brooch, 2009 
Latex, iron, gauze, thread, paint





Anthi Voyatjes
Death encapsulated
Sterling silver, pearls, animal skull; hollow form construction



These are just some more of the jewellers that I have been researching in my project. They have influenced my overall composition and technique used to create my final pieces for my current uni project; Ritual.



Initial tests



Both made from suede, silicone, pearl thread and animal intestine.





Final Pieces





Model: Hannah-May Chapman

Brooch series, 2011
Suede, silicone, magnets, pearl thread, animal intestine.

Overall I am very happy with my final pieces. I feel the juxtaposition of materials works visually and contextually. I will continue experimenting with these forms in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment