Thursday 3 May 2012

Aesthetics of appearance

This is my last project to be undertaken at uni, major project time.

I have chosen to look cultural beauty in its many variations. Sourcing my inspiration from traditions and its contemporary equivalents. 

Here are some images that have particularly been influencing my recent designs.


















In these images some of the individuals would have experienced some pain for their looks. I am fascinated by these weird and wonderful body modifications. 
Stretching and piercings that were once only a part of tribal identity, now filtering down into the fashions of western culture. 
Cambridge, UK 2012

These images have inspired me to make pieces that are individual themselves and express
contemporary eclectic styles that have evolved from cultural traditions.


No comments:

Post a Comment