Friday 6 September 2013

Cambridge Open Studios 2013

I have just finished my first Cambridge Open Studios event and the commission's that I received from it. I had a great time meeting people and getting instant feedback from them, to see first-hand what people thought about my work.

I also met some great makers and had some very happy customers which is always a great bonus from holding an Open Studios event.

So I have a few pictures of my display, it was such good weather over July that I held my event outside in my lovely back garden.







I did sell one of my favourite pieces (below).


I also sold the necklace I had featured in the brochure (pictured below) and had a commission to make another just like it, which I sold yesterday.



So all in all the Cambridge Open Studios was a very positive experience which I would recommend to any artists contemplating it. 
Next year I will definitely have more work to show, especially earrings, they sold so well!

In other news, I am still working at Primavera Gallery in Cambridge and if you like reading about artists, I also write Primavera's blog. You can find out about some of the fantastic makers we represent here.
My work is also sold through the gallery now and I will hopefully be adding more to the collection very soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment